Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Return of the Knitter

Hello my lovely readers who never abandon me no matter how many times I seem to fall off the earth,

I have returned! This will be a post filled with, you guessed it, RAMBLINGS! But first I have a picture of my darling boyfriend and his new robot that I made from the the pattern LuvBots from MochiMochiland. I was going to make one for him for Valentines day ...but it didn't happen so I made it when he was here for Easter!

He's so photogenic....

Moving on to other things , I have finally moved back home and have started waitressing again! Which is something I do love to do, it's fun and earns quick cash. So I'll be saving up most of my money for a car...which is not exciting in my opinion. I hate driving...anyway! That means I won't be buying much yarn, however as we all know, I have enough as it is. However, I did notice that WEBS is having a sale...so I had to notify my boyfriend of that and see if anything came of that! 

He was nice enough to buy me a skein of very beautiful yarn 
It's a fingering weight yarn and I'm thinking either a lacy shawl or poncho
Yes, I, Ashley Frencl, like ponchos.
He also bought me some very pretty cotton yarn to make this skirt . I will be making a slight change in the length however, I will be making it shorter and I'll only be using the two colors shown here.
 Gunmetal Grey and Victory Garden 
All of these yarns he picked out by himself and I think he chose really well :) 


Current Project Alert!

This is the beginning of a tank top! Using the beautiful skein of Kettle Steps that I got from the amazing Paige of GoodForEwe yarns
Seriously guys this is a beautiful kettle dyed yarn and its so soft!


Also, a few weeks ago my grandma went to Goodwill and found a bag of needles, and usually they are the crappy plastic straight needles that I don't like using anyway, so I said thanks and took it to my room. Then the magic happened, I went through it and found that over half of them were bamboo needles, never opened, still had the Local Yarn Store sticker on them! Very helpful and very nice :) I counted them up and it was probably worth more than 60 dollars, my grandma paid 6 dollars for this bag! Very nice treat for me. 




Huge bag of needles!
A quick and small update on my sweater - pocket,front and back are all done...just need to do the hood, sleeves and then sew it all together! But I need to make adjustments on the sleeves so that is why it is taking so long. 

Happy knitting everyone!

Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Lucky! He looks very happy with his robot. Sweet deal on the needles Chiaogoo is a bit expensive so that is a great find for bamboo! Go grans! Happy to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad you like the blog and oh my gosh I know Chiaogoo are so nice but pricey when you want a whole set!

      Delete